Featured Post

The blog, its history, and its purpose:

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

And he’s back!

So for the past three nights running he’s been there as I close my eyes to fall asleep, again when I begin to wake, and quite often the entire time in between. The face is not always visible, but I know it’s him. Some times he speaks, sometimes he’s a mere shadow on the wall, but always I know he is present and watching. Most would find this unsettling, but for me it is a comfort to have him near. Though it does make me wonder why he has returned.

I don’t off hand recall when last he spent time with me, but I suspect it was last fall. Sometime after the leaves began to change and before the snowboarding season really kicked off. December or early January I’m guessing. In any case, it has been months since I’ve felt his presence, seen his face as I close my eyes, or had the distinct impression that he is watching over me. And without knowing it, I have come to realize I’ve missed him there in the shadows of my dreams.

His return has brought with it some gifts I did not expect but have now realized may well be linked directly to his presence. I am writing again, this entry is proof of that. I am designing again, for personal and professional projects of the digital variety. I have not yet found the time to start, but I will soon be drawing again, and a project that has been on hold for at least a year has been dusted off and slow progress is being made on it as well. I am inspired again!

His return has also brought to light just how much I miss hanging with the real life version of The Catcher and I suspect some time will be made to rectify that lapse in communication soon. My creativity has always been tied to my emotions, for better or worse, and now I am left to ponder how he fits into this as well. Is his appearance a result of increased emotions, or are those a result of his return?

In any case, welcome back Kerry!

No comments:

Post a Comment